Excellence in Surgery
Deploying the Care Command Center (CCC) in the Surgical Theater is a strategic investment that has proven to show both short and long range benefits.
What to Expect in the First 6 Months:
- Improved Throughput
- Reduced Staff Stress
- Reduced Patient Wait Times
- Reduction in Overtime Hours
- Complete Visibility of staff and patient flow
Longer range goals 1-3 years include:
- Increased Throughput up to 20%
- Elimination of Overtime
- Improved Satisfaction Ratings
- Minimal Wait Times
- Improved Staff Morale
- 10% Revenue Recaptured due to Waste Elimination
How Do I build a Care Command Center?
Every Surgical Suite has its own unique set of workflows, bottlenecks, challenges and goals. The Care Command Center is intelligently designed to address the needs of different environments ultimately mobilizing every resource in a systematic and organized manner and the results game changing!
Building a care command center your way starts with an expert workflow assessment from your CCC team. Their job is to establish the current state of affairs by reviewing the following:
- Staff and Caregiver ergonomics
- Communication protocols (real-time versus delayed and method of information delivery)
- Visibility – strengths and weaknesses
- Where do bottlenecks typically occur and when?
- Are wait times consistent through the day?
- Resource allocation and effectiveness
- Overall stress index for caregivers (The #1 barometer for patient satisfaction is staff satisfaction)
- Explore best use case to leverage the CCC with other in-house applications.
Once the initial homework is complete then a strategy is developed to deploy the Care Command Center that uniquely solves your problem areas and empowers your team. A special emphasis during the design phase is to quickly achieve milestones in the following areas:
- Improvement in productivity/efficiency
- Proactive resource allocation
- Streamlined throughput
- Empowered Employee Engagement
- Improved patient satisfaction
What do usual Care Command Configurations for Surgery look like?
Core Areas for CCC Touch Points
How soon can I expect operational gains?
Improved visibility creates immediate improvement in caregiver teamwork across the entire surgical theater.
Operational efficiency for throughput is typically evident in the first 60 days after go-live.
Reduced patient wait times 3 to 6 months.
Improved caregiver and patient satisfaction 3 to 6 months.
Efficient resource allocation and elimination of most overtime can be achieved in 6-12 months.
Increased throughput for patients and procedures occurs incrementally after the first 12 months of use.